Below the 3D drawing of a chair I made. I also uploaded the drawing with the helplines intact.
1.a My gap
In what way might I store my drawing pens on my desk, so that I can easily get the desired pen and easily take them with me to an another place
1.b The primary user needs
- The pencilbox contains everything I need to draw (except for paper)
- The pencilbox looks cool
- The pencilbox is portable
- The pencilbox makes it easy to select the pencil needed
- The pencilbox protects my pencils and markers
- The pencilbox can be easily placed on any desk
- The pencilbox is useful and available for every artist
2. Decomposition of the design problem
For the decomposition of the design problem I took three of the user needs I wanted to explore. The measurements of the box are fixed, as I’m designing this pencilbox primarily for myself, for a fixed sized existing piece of furniture.