1.a My gap
In what way might I store my drawing pens on my desk, so that I can easily get the desired pen and easily take them with me to an another place
1.b The primary user needs
- The pencilbox contains everything I need to draw (except for paper)
- The pencilbox looks cool
- The pencilbox is portable
- The pencilbox makes it easy to select the pencil needed
- The pencilbox protects my pencils and markers
- The pencilbox can be easily placed on any desk
- The pencilbox is useful and available for every artist
2. The concept sketches I’m prototyping
In this prototype, the artist can draw on the pencilbox. The outside of the box is made of linnen like material on which the owner/artist can paint or draw. In this example I used some of my existing drawings. The left one is unfinished (deliberately), so you can see that it can be painted on.
The prototype below shows how the box can be supplied with several happy colors and has a lid.
Below the prototype completely made of fabric. It took me quite some time to make it, but I actually like it very much.