Final concept of my pencil box
My final concept is made of wood. The trays can be removed so bigger cells are created. The entire box can be painted on by the owner.
I made two prototypes out of card board and asked a few people to test it. They also tested the prototype out of fabric. See below which prottypes have been tested. I asked the testers which prototype they preferred. That was the cardboard one, but they made some suggestions:
- They suggested it to be made out of wood. I thought that was a great idea.
- They also preferred the one without the lid, wich was a bit surprising to me.
- They absolutely loved the idea to be able to paint the box themselves, but they also liked it when it is pure wood
- They suggested that the box could also stand on it’s back, so that the opening is on the top. Therefore I decided to make the standers out of triple parts wood, to keep the trays in its place.
- The last suggestion was to be able to remove the trays, so that the cells could be larger.